DIY DETOX BATH: RELAX WHILE REMOVING ACHES, PAINS, TOXINS, PESTICIDES AND HEAVY METALS
Body detoxing has become very important and better known in recent years. Our environment, food, and beauty products can contain harmful chemicals and additives. These chemicals have a hard time leaving the body via normal routes. Many times a build-up of toxins in one’s body can lead to headaches, fatigue, and even chronic diseases. A detox bath is a great way to get rid of these hazards to one’s health.
There are many benefits that a simple soak will provide:
- Safely and effectively eliminate toxins.
- Boost one’s digestion and eliminate bloating and constipation.
- Flush stubborn fat and cellulite.
- Provide restorative sleep while sleeping fewer hours.
- Boost one’s metabolism, energy, and mood.
- Clear the skin and complexion.
- Instead of spending time at a spa, a detoxifying soak is easily obtained anywhere there is water.
Essential oils have been shown to have amazing health benefits both mentally and physically. When mixed with epsom salts, the benefits of both are a great way to eliminate those toxins. Epsom salts (or Hydrated Magnesium Sulphate) help to replenish lost Magnesium in the body. Magnesium is a very important mineral for the body and is easily absorbed through the skin.
The benefits from an epsom salt soak are:
- Boosting Circulation
- Reducing Inflammation
- Easing Hypertension
- Improving Oxygen Use
- Encouraging Mineral Absorption
- This DYI essential oil and epsom salt soak recipe is a great way to relax while detoxifying at home.
What You Need:
- Handful of Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup of Baking Soda
- 10 Drops of Therapeutic Essential Oil of Your Choosing
Depending on your mood, choose your favorite essential oil. Here are some great suggestions:
- Lavender – Calming and Relaxing
- Grapefruit – Uplifting
- Peppermint – Fatigue
- Cedarwood – Depression
- Chamomile & Rosemary – Headache
Add ingredients while drawing a hot bath.
Relax and soak for 15-20 minutes. The body will sweat, detox and absorb all of the nutrients.
Rinse off with a cool shower.
Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after the bath to aid in the detoxification process.
Anyone else have any great detox bath ideas?
Source: davidwolfe com
Complete Health and Happiness
Pure Inside Out